This is by far the orangest soup I’ve ever made. It’s almost luminous. Well, it’s hardly surprising, with almost every ingredient being a sunny orange colour and then there’s a dash of turmeric to really make this glooooow.
This actually started out as a simple lentil soup, but when I opened the veg drawer to grab a leek I was completely side tracked by all the orange veg in there. That poor old leek is still in the fridge patiently waiting his turn 2 days later. Don’t worry Leeky I haven’t forgotten about you.
Anyway, this is utterly delicious, crazily good for you and ridiculously easy. You just throw all of those wholesome delights into a pan, simmer for a bit and blend.
Sure this soup looks tantalising and vibrant but when you taste it you’ll really feel your soul glow.
Soul Glow Soup
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 4 carrots, washed and roughly chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, washed and roughly chopped
- 1 orange pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 120g red lentils
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 litre of stock (you may need more if you prefer a thinner soup)
- Put all of your ingredients into a large pan, bring to the boil then turn down to a simmer, pop a lid on and let everything bubble away gently for about 20 minutes.
- Keep an eye on it and add more liquid if you think it needs it.
- Once the veg and lentils are nice and tender just blend until silky smooth and vibrantly orange.