It’s blooming freezing outside but joy of joys it’s been snowing. So before heading out into the winter wonderland a warming, hearty breakfast is a must.
This porridge is a triumph. Apple cubes partner perfectly with earthy, warming cinnamon. And all topped off with chopped nuts and deep amber maple syrup. Heaven.
This will have you warmed through and ready to face the chilliest of days.
Winter Warmer Porridge
- A big cup of porridge oats
- Milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 apple, chopped
- 6-8 dates, chopped
- A big handful of almonds, chopped
- Maple syrup
- Pop your oats into a pan and pour over enough milk to cover them. Cook over a medium heat, stirring every now and then. Add more milk if it’s getting too thick.
- Meanwhile chop your apple and pop them, along with the dates, into the pan so that they warm through with the porridge.
- Once everything is nicely cooked, pour or dollop into bowls, sprinkle with the chopped nuts and drizzle with maple syrup.
- Feel the warmth radiate.