If you like overnight oats, you’ll definitely like Instant Brekky Oats. I do enjoy waking up to a bowl of overnight oats, there’s something so satisfying about knowing you’ve thoughtfully prepared your breakfast the night before, it’s a real act of self love. That is if you remember to assemble your oats before heading off to the land of nod. I usually get into bed before I remember that I forgot.
So Instant Brekky Oats are for people like me, people who promise their family that there will be delicious overnight oats for breakfast, kiss everyone goodnight, then slump in front of the TV for a bit and then stagger off to bed exhausted. You and me, we need those oats, like now.
This is made not with whole oats but with oatbran, which is why you can scoff this breakfast instantly with no soaking or cooking required. And like over night oats you could add anything you want to this. Any fruit (fresh, dried or pureed); any nuts or seeds; even naughty but nice additions like chocolate chips, jam or syrup.
This recipe just happens to be the version I made this morning but here are a few other combos to try:
Peanut butter and crushed strawberries
Banana and honey
Dates, grated apple and maple syrup
Toasted pumpkin, sunflower and sesame seeds with honey
Coconut yoghurt and mango
Chocolate spread and cinnamon
Pecan nuts and maple syrup
Instant Brekky Oats
Serves ,1 so just multiply by breakfast eaters
- 4 level dessert spoons of oat bran
- 2 dessert spoons of milk
- 1 dessert spoon of peanut butter
- 4 level dessert spoons of plain yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons of raspberry jam
- 1/2 a banana, thinly sliced
- In the bowl you are going to eat out of mix the oat bran, peanut butter and milk
- Then mix in the jam and yoghurt
- You can add more of any of the ingredients depending on whether you would like this thinner / thicker / sweeter / nuttier etc etc
- Finally, scatter, or artfully place, the banana slices over the top