Spiced pumpkin seed crunch, how I love to munch you. Let me count the ways…
1. As a fabulous healthy snack. Gobbled by the handful as I walk past your bowl or packaged up for lunch box treats.
2. Scattered over a warm salad. Beetroot and goats cheese anyone? How about roasted squash and chickpea?
3. Sprinkled atop an Autumnal sweet potato, lentil or carrot soup, delicately spiced with cumin, coriander and chilli.
4. Stirred quickly through a light couscous dish, with a pile of fresh coriander.
5. To add crunch to a simple pasta.
Only 5? Well frankly that’s enough to be getting on with for now. Key take out: Versatile. Delicious. Moreish.
As it’s pumpkin season you may well be making these with the seeds from a fresh pumpkin. If you are, then you will need to wash and dry the seeds before tossing with the spices. You will also need to increase the roasting time to 12-15 minutes.
Spiced Pumpkin Seed Crunch
- About a cup (120g) of pumpkin seeds
- A generous pinch of sea salt
- A good grinding of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Option to add a pinch of chilli powder or chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 180 C / gas 4.
- Mix together all of your ingredients then spread out on a baking tray.
- Cook in your preheated oven for 6 – 8 minutes. The seeds will be turning golden.
- Allow to cool a little before diving in.
- If you have any left, lucky you, they will keep well in an airtight container for a few days.