Bananas are perfect for delivering that much needed energy boost first thing in the morning.
My kids are going back to school soon and I predict a struggle in the morning. They’ve not had to rise from their beds before 9am since March! So a quick and easy smoothie will be just the ticket for a quick brekky before bolting out the door.
All of my children have hearty (that’s putting it mildly) appetites but if there are any first day back butterflies it might be easier to stomach a fruity drink than a hearty meal.
You can use any kind of milk for this: coconut, soya, cows milk, whatever you have in the fridge really. I added about a tablespoon of honey but to be honest it was a little too sweet for me. Just go with what you fancy.
I would hugely recommend a teeny bit of cinnamon and if I was using cows milk I might add a 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste or extract.
Banana Breakfast Smoothie
Makes 4 glasses
- 500ml coconut milk (or whatever kind if milk you favour)
- 2 ripe yellow bananas
- A tablespoon of honey (optional)
- A pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste or extract (optional)
- Put all of your ingredients into a blender and whizz until smooth.