These muffins are delicately flavoured with vanilla, filled with chocolate spread and dipped in cinnamon sugar. Quite simply delicious.
Like all muffin recipes, these are really quick and easy to make and a little too easy to scoff. I was devouring one of these beauties just half and hour after I dreamed up the idea.
You can use any kind of chocolate spread you have in the cupboard and if you don’t fancy cinnamon just leave it out.
We all deserve a treat now and then, make this your indulgence today.
Chocolate Filled Cinnamon Muffins REcipe
- 85ml vegetable oil (I used sunflower)
- 125ml milk (any works, including plant milk)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 200g self-raising flour
- 100g caster sugar
- 10 teaspoons of chocolate spread
- 50g butter
- 50g extra caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Before you get started preheat your oven to 180C and pop 10 muffin cases in your muffin tin.
- Whisk the oil, milk, egg and vanilla together.
- Then add the flour and sugar and mix briefly until just combined. Your mix will have lumps in it so do not fear, this is a good thing. Never over mix a muffin batter or they end up a bit tough, which is not a good look for a muffin.
- Now put some mixture into the muffin cases so they are just under half full. Put a teaspoon of chocolate spread into each then top up with muffin mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 18 – 20 minutes until golden and well puffed up.
- When you’ve got about 5 minutes baking time left melt the butter. Mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Once they’re cooked dip each muffin top into the melted butter and then into the cinnamon sugar.
- Leave to cool slightly ( I typically can’t wait longer than the time it takes to make a cup of coffee to enjoy with one of these) and devour.