There’s the most fabulous place in Glasgow called ‘Falafel To Go’ which serves, almost exclusively, Falafels. They are absolutely delicious, served in wraps crammed with crumbled falafels, spicy and garlic sauces and a little salad. They are also wonderfully reasonably priced.
During this lockdown I’ve been hankering for this delight so decided to have a go at creating my own version at home. You can use any chilli sauce that you like – we love sriracha. I did make a quick and easy garlic sauce with a few simple ingredients but you could use shop bought or use garlic mayo if you like.
The groans of pleasure around our kitchen table told me these were pretty awesome in their own right, so here’s the recipe for you dear reader. Do try this at home.
Serves 4 – 6, depending on appetite
- 4 wraps (I used wholemeal)
- 2 packets of ready made falafels
- Spicy sauce of your choice (I like sriracha)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- A couple of handlfuls of spinach or rocket
For the Garlic Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- Heat the falafels in your oven according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile put a generous amount of chilli sauce, garlic sauce and salad on each wrap.
- When the falafels are warm take out of the oven and crumble them a bit as you scatter them over each wrap.
- Fold the wraps and either eat as they are or heat in a dry frying pan or griddle for a minute on each side to add a little crisp texture.