Here’s a handy little recipe, spiced roasted chickpeas. These little beauties become crisp and delicious when roasted in the oven.
They are easy to throw together and make a really tasty snack. Or you can use them to add a bit of interest to soups, dals, sandwiches…anything you fancy adding a little extra flavour and texture.
Add any spices or herbs that you like, this is just the combination I keep going back to again and again. I usually scatter these over soup, but not before I’ve ‘sampled’ a fistful. Recently I tried them with a lentil dal and it was a game changer, adding a new layer of texture and flavour to those nutritious, delicious lentils.
400g can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 teaspoon each of cumin and coriander
1 teaspoon of oil
A sprinkling sea salt
- Heat your oven to 180 C / gas 4.
- Pop your chickpeas in a bowl with the cumin, coriander and oil and mix well.
- Tip the spiced chickpeas onto a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 20 – 30 minutes until they are nice and crisp. You may hear a few of them popping like popcorn, so just be careful when you open the oven.
- Take out of the oven and sprinkle with a little sea salt.
- Devour as a snack or scatter over anything you fancy.