It’s Friday treat time, so if you fancy a little sweet something try throwing together these easy speedy flapjacks. The chances are you’ll already have all the ingredients waiting for you in your cupboard.
These flapjacks are astonishingly easy. My 8 year old made these all by himself and they proved to be an absolutely delicious treat.
There are just 4 ingredients in these beauties. The list starts with a generous helping of nutritious oats, but while the other 3 ingredients are equally as delicious they’re certainly not healthy. Butter, sugar and syrup. Say it fast and you hardly notice them. Let’s just focus on the fact that oats are very good for us.
A couple of notes before we start: my son didn’t melt the butter when he made these, he just used very soft butter, which was fine but the mixture needed a bit more elbow grease to get it going. Final note, feel free to use honey instead of syrup, it will do the same job only slightly healthier.
Easy Speedy Flapjacks Recipe
Makes 9 generous flapjacks
- 120g oats
- 60g soft brown sugar
- 1 – 2 tablespoons golden syrup or runny honey
- 60g butter
- Preheat the oven to 180 C for fan or 200 C conventional oven.
- Butter a tin (mine is 20cm x 20cm).
- If your butter is not really soft melt it or at least soften it. Mix together all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Tip the oaty mixture into your tin and bake for 10 minutes.
- Once the flapjacks are golden brown, take out of the oven and leave to cool for just a few minutes.
- While still warm and soft cut the flapjacks but leave them in the tin to cool completely (if you can wait). As they cool they will become firmer.