We could all do with an immunity boost right now. This insanely simple bowl of deliciousness has it all – packed with lentils, carrots, turmeric, ginger and garlic. It’s just a case of chucking all your ingredients in a pan, simmering, blending and eating. That’s my kind of lunch.
If you like a really thick soup, you know the ones you can stand your spoon up in, just add less water. For a thinner soup simply add more liquid at the end.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 big carrots, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- A thumb sized piece of ginger, chopped
- 250g lentils
- 2 stock cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of coriander
- A large pinch of cinnamon (roughly 1/4 teaspoon)
- Put all your ingredients and 1.5 litres of water in a large pan. Pop your lid on. Bring to the boil then turn down to a simmer.
- Stir every now and again. After about 20 minutes check that your carrots are nice and tender.
- Blend your soup. Add more water or stock if you prefer a thinner soup.
This is so easy and so full of goodness. Give it a try and stay healthy.